HISTORY

Our roots can be traced back to 1913 where Vancouver Pile Driving Co. Ltd. helped build the early Vancouver waterfront. The company outgrew its office in Vancouver and moved to a larger facility at the foot of Brooksbank Avenue in North Vancouver (located on the North shore of the Vancouver Harbour), where we continue to operate today.

In the 1960's, the Dillingham Corporation established itself in Canada and bought Vancouver Pile Driving and Contracting Co. Ltd. along with Marwell Construction Company Ltd. (one of the larger construction companies in Canada at the time). Dillingham Corporation combined the companies under the name Dillingham Canada Ltd. and established their Canadian head office at Vancouver Pile Driving and Contracting Co. Ltd.'s North Vancouver location while expanding the office and yard to accommodate its growing company.

Dillingham flourished from 1960 through 1980 when it eventually became a victim of the slowing world economy in the 1980's.

Delta Catalytic purchased Dillingham Canada Ltd. in the late 1980's and began selling off business assets while maintaining the Marine Division.

In 1996, the remaining assets (including the Marine Division) were sold to the Carlson Family and the company was reborn again as Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd.   The Carlson Family is approaching its 20th anniversary of actively owning and operating the company.